26 November 2009

"For everything you've done, you know I'm bound, I'm bound to thank you for it..." --Natalie Merchant

Hi. Happy Thanksgiving. Yes, even as you are reading this, I am thinking about you. You wonderful you. Thanks for stopping by. Here's a few thoughts that may help you through the holidays...

The holidays can be full of ridiculous rules. Break at least one rule. With impunity.


But be cool. Don't let it turn into a blood bath.
Better to keep it on the down low, right?
Remember to spend time with the folks that bring you the most joy.


And, absolutely, save room for dessert.


Slow down long enough to appreciate those that aren't as gadget-savvy as you.


And know that you are perfect just as you are.

10 comments:

Bowie Mike said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Must go now. Must organize my pencils, think about pie and go make Chester Stranczek proud.

WV: reatchlo. Permission to not set your sites too high today.

Mike said...

I'm upping your comment count to two. I can believe I'm ahead of you in comments right now. I had a bunch of crazy people that got up at 0darkthirty come to my blog.

Wv: strouste - A new food dish you are about to invent because you're cooking in your sleep.

Alex said...

You've almost reached your NaBloPoMo objective. Posting the Cartman/Christopher Walken/Lady Gaga video would help bring it home.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I wish we could write comments ahead of time and schedule them to appear later.

I saw a nice bumper sticker once that said something along the lines of: Welcome to America, Now Speak Algonquin!

Tina said...

Happy Turkey day.

Mike said...

@me - I CAN'T believe - I'm going to rename myself tyop.

Bilbo said...

Happy Thanksgiving, retroactively. Now do your part for the economy and go out there and spend money!

vw: pacom - the mantra chanted by pacs.

Sean said...

I hope that you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

lacochran said...

To all: Thanks for your comments. As always, you rock!

Maya said...

I was laughing so hard at these! Wanna Google all over my Facebook? hahahahahahaha