17 October 2008

Tag

[I am a fierce tag competitor. And a shape-shifter, apparently.]



I was tagged by my fine, feathered friend, GreenCanary.
Not really fair... playing tag with someone who can fly. *shakes fist* I'll get you my pretty.

RULES
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 FACTS/True Confessions:
  1. Periodically, I will eat an entire box of (cooked) Kraft Macaroni & Cheese but it has to be the Spirals. When I do, do not reach for the plate. Just back out of the room slowly.
  2. My first car did not have working air conditioning. It's hard to act the cool kid when you are a sweaty mess. These days I can no longer blame the lack of air conditioning when my hair swoops in odd directions. Now I blame country music.
  3. When I was in kindergarten we all had cubbies to hang our coats in and coats with little chains and metal hooks in them (Yes, yes, we all know I'm old.) One day I reached for my coat and the little metal hook went right through that fleshy piece of skin between my thumb and the rest of my hand. I just sort of looked at it curiously. Meanwhile, my teacher and school nurse were freaking out and pretending not to for my sake.
  4. I used to do all kinds of charity work (singing at nursing homes, serving meals at homeless shelters, recording books for the blind.) Now I am a selfish git.
  5. At summer camp, I ruined a water bomb fight the boys were plotting by snatching up all the little plastic baggies and tearing holes in them. I thought I was clever. Then I realized the girls were pissed at me. I felt bad.
  6. For many years I would stand on my head at New Year's. I can't really tell you why. I guess it makes as much sense as going to Time Square.
  7. Once, I saved my mother's life by heimliching her. (Boy, that sounds dirty.)
I tag the following people: You're Not Worthy, Travelin Through, I Wanna Sing Like Sarah "Sassy" Vaughan, Disaffected Scanner Jockey, The Restaurant Refugee, Herb of DC, Secret Simmerings and Shameful Scandals of the Singular Smash.

Oh, just suck it up and do it.

9 comments:

GreenCanary said...

My friend, fear not my flying skillz, as those skillz be, well... craptastic. P.S. I am SO with you on the Kraft Spirals. PLAY ON, PLAYA!

Mike said...

Thank you for not tagging me. I have enough trouble coming up with stuff for my posts. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This is not a back door invitation to tag me. Not. Not. Not.

AbbotOfUnreason said...

How about a game of freeze tag? When you tag the person, they have to freeze and not write another entry until someone else realizes that they're frozen and untags them.

Anonymous said...

wow. those are some great facts. So when did the head standing start? Do you still do it?

SingLikeSassy said...

OK, I did my penance!

lacochran's evil twin said...

GreenCanary: Yeah, I've never been keen on the crap part of flying things either. :) Thanks for the "honor" of the tag. Play on your own bad self.

Mike: Methinks thou dost protest too much. Noted.

AbbotofUnreason: I'm not willing to give up that much control but maybe others are...

Doug: You begin to understand the strange mash that is LA, yes? Headstands: I'd say age 8 to 14 maybe? I don't do it anymore. Feel free to try it. You don't even have to credit me.

SingLikeSassy: Good of you to play and well executed, too! :)

Bilbo said...

From one selfish git to another, I have passed on an award to you and your blog. Check it out here: http://bilbosrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/10/bilbo-wins-and-redistributes-superior.html. Go ahead. You know you want to...

Melissa B. said...

LOVE these Fun Facts, and also the Snap! BTW, congrats on your Superior Scribbler Award, too! If you have a quick sec, I'm hosting a funny contest with no tangible prizes today--I think you'll enjoy the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes!

lacochran said...

Bilbo: Thanks much!

Melissa B: Thanks! Great idea!