26 October 2008

I'll be the one with her hands in front of her face shouting "No pictures!"

This is a special note to the DC-area locals:

I've met a few of you, and so far so good.*

Lately, I've been playing with the idea of organizing a happy hour.

Why?

  • I like happy hours.
  • I like meeting people.**
  • Life is short.
If you are interested in this, drop me a note (it can be as simple as "I'm in") at lacochran812(at)gmail(dot)com. As organized as I've gotten: ...a bar in DC, some time in November.

Note on being cool: With regards to identity disclosure, well, that's your call. I'll show discretion if you will. I'm not about to "out" you to any mutual acquaintances and I'm even willing to call you "Great Baboo" if that's how you want to be known.

Yes, if you're local and reading this, you're invited.

So, who's up for a meet up?

-L.A.



* I know. Like you were just waiting for my approval to make your life complete.

** Unless you're completely self-involved, flea-infested, or icky.

25 comments:

Mike said...

I'm i... wait, where?

Bilbo said...

I'm interested, but will be gone on vacation (YAY!!) most of November. Maybe next time...

Anonymous said...

count me in unless it's the second wknd in Nov!
i will send you an email.

fiona said...

I want to be in. How much is a flight to DC?
Oh THAT much. Want to come to Cali?

lacochran said...

Mike & Fiona: If you find yourselves in the area, you're certainly welcome!

Bilbo: Vacation for most of the month. Rough life.

CharlotteHarris: Great! I'll definitely keep you posted.

rachaelgking said...

Definitely. Beer + meeting fun/smart/entertaining people = damn good times.

lacochran said...

Livitluvit: Great! :)

Matt said...

If we are not local, does that mean we are not invited?

lacochran said...

Matt: If you want to fly in, I'll buy you a beer.

brad said...

I'm in. And "some time in November" is plenty of time to deal with my minor flea thing.

lacochran said...

franco.Beans: Great! And thanks for your pro-activity on the flea thing.

Herb said...

Since the character of “Herb” of “Herb of DC” is clearly fictional he will not be able to attend.

lacochran said...

Herb of DC: Aww, come on... you know you want to. What's a DC meet up without Mr. "of DC" himself? Besides, your pets tell me they could use the break.

Christian Holm said...

Damn, I wish... I could use a good party... too long a pony ride though, 2,500 miles or so...

Anonymous said...

I'm flea infested, but totally in.

Anonymous said...

Intriguing... when and where?

I'll try to leave my ickiness at home.

lacochran said...

Wc#3: And horses hate to fly coach.

Doug: Great!

Madam Meow: Glad you're intrigued. Email me and I'll give you the specifics.

To all: Okay, folks, between the comments and the additional emails I've received, I'd say this is definitely a go. Thanks for being willing to meet up! If you have suggestions for a happy hour place that makes you happy and is within a block or two of a metro station in DC, send them to me at lacochran812(at)gmail(dot)com.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

I'm in! I'll email you.

lacochran said...

J.M.: Great! This is shaping up to be a great crowd!

Anonymous said...

count me in

capitolhill20210 at yahoo dot com

lacochran said...

Zip: Great! Be on the lookout for email from me.

urban bohemian said...

I'm totally in.

lacochran said...

Brian: Great! This happy hour gets better and better! Send me an e-mail and I'll send you the specifics.

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested!

zandriam [at] yahoo

lacochran said...

Zandria: Great! I'll add you to the distribution.