13 March 2008

Ode to My Sister-in-Law

Today I am grateful to my sister-in-law.

She, who holds down a full-time job in addition to the full-time job of being a minister's wife. She, who is closest to the nursing home that Mom is in and often has to deal with the frustration of that situation. She, who has had a number of her own health challenges over the last few years. She, who has always made me feel welcome in her home and her family.

I just got a birthday card from her and her husband as well as one from Mom that I'm sure my sister-in-law picked up and brought Mom to sign. A few days early, no less.

In these days of "meant to call" and "e-greetings"--which I am WAY guilty of, it's really nice to get an honest to goodness snail-mail card or two, beyond the "Happy Birthday and here's $3 in bonus bucks" card I got from CVS. Oh, sure, that was nice, too, but it lacked the personal touch. :)

It's lovely that my sister-in-law, who has every valid excuse not to remember, remembered my birthday. Thanks, Sis!

No comments: