02 April 2009

"I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy, snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty" -- Hair (Macdermot, Ragni & Rado)


Things not to say while in the hair-cutter's chair:

  • "Why did they give you the station by the bathroom? Jeez, you have to smell that all day?"
  • "You know who's really stupid? People who tip. You're already paying for good service in the base price, right?!"
  • "I've been so blah lately. How about something really, really different?"
  • "Remember last time when you messed up my hair?"
  • "The problem with my job is, it's ridiculously easy and they overpay me so most of the time I'm bored."
  • "Is that a black eye?"
  • "Remember A Flock of Seagulls? Gosh, they were cool."
  • "What the hell happened to your hair?"

11 comments:

Matt said...

That tipping thing is SO true though.

Kate said...

Try this one on. "Are you still drunk from last night or have you already been drinking?" Seriously. It's come out of my mouth.

fiona said...

I'm assuming you've had a bad hair day? lol

Liebchen said...

It's amazing just how much power the hairdresser has. They could make your day, or kill it.

dmb5_libra said...

i never understood the tipping for nails and hair....just working into the base price greedy mcgreedster.

repliderium.com said...

I am always a little frightened when I get my hair cut- I have to take my glasses off & she knows that I'm blind and powerless until she's done.
And of course, by then it's too late.

Mike said...

Looks like it's time to try that mohawk he'd been thinking about.

rachaelgking said...

It's kind of the same as bartending. I never understood why people would complain about how strong a drink is or isn't. I make it the way I'm supposed to. If you'd like it stronger, make nice or tip well. Preferably both. Who's holding the bottle, here, after all?

f.B said...

"is that a black eye?"

i fail to see how this is not always an appropriate question.

Rahul said...

I always like asking if they went to barber school or just make it up.

they love that.

lacochran said...

Matt, dmb5_libra: You can't fight City Hall. Or tipping.

Kate: Ha! What was the answer?

Fiona: I got it trimmed up. It looked a little "pumpkin"-y to me but my boss, who's quite stylish, likes it so I guess I'm good with it.

Liebchen: More than a day.

Repliderium.com: It's scary when you can see what they're doing, too.

Mike: I guess they gave him something to cry about.

LiLu: Exactly. Understand where the power is.

f.B: Depends if they won or lost. Either way, memories are likely to agitate them.

Rs27: Ha! Followed by "Did you actually pass?"