04 April 2009

And now for something completely different

We meet friends for lunch at Rice and enjoy quite yummy Thai food. They offer some classics but also some interesting new twists. And, near as I can tell, nobody spit in my food. So, that's always nice. Not really primo blog material without the spitting, but, you know, lunch-wise, it's a plus.

By the time we leave, the wind has died down and it is a gorgeous day. We make our way over to Dupont Circle where we meet up with more friends for the second half of DC's portion of International Pillow Fight Day 2009. With pillow in hand, I charge into the fray.




What a hoot!

Update: For better video, go here: Urban Bohemian

10 comments:

Mike said...

I take it by the camera work you have the grey basesall cap on.

Wv: reses - pieces

lacochran said...

Mike: Actually know. Is that how I appear in your fantasies?

Kate said...

When I worked for the church, we had an annual youth vs. pastors pillow fight. Talk about taking your aggression out on religion. It was fantastic to see those holier than thou men get beat to shit by the kids.

Cyndy said...

That looks like it's almost as fun as bumper cars!

Mike said...

OK so are you even in the video or are you taking the video? I don't see any ballon monkeys swinging pillows.

Wv: kroerswi - The big kroerswi, a famous crazy bowler.

lacochran said...

Kate: Similarly, the idea of bashing congresscritters with pillows was suggested and heartily endorsed.

Cyndy: People were extremely reasonable (no knocking down or anything) but occasionally you'd hear a rally cry and there'd be a gang up of pillowing. Lots of fun.

Mike: I'm not in that shot, no. (Or know.) I took that video after my second crowd dive. Just wanted to give you a sense of the experience.

*Jac* said...

Seriously, how did I not know about this?!

urban bohemian said...

I'm so glad I got your e-mail that morning. With the tourist crush between the Tidal Basin and Dupont Circle, I was afraid we wouldn't make it.

So totally worth it.

Barbara said...

How do you find out about stuff like this? Was it by invitation only? :) Sounds like lots of harmless fun!

lacochran said...

*Jac*: Put it on your calendar for next year!

Urban Bohemian: Great to see you and share the fun!

Barbara: It's an annual event that happens in a variety of cities. I heard about it from Throwing Hammers