24 June 2008

"So I got that goin' for me" --Carl Spackler

I have an old soul. At least that's what a woman told me. I asked her, "What do I do with this information?" She didn't answer.

If it's true (and how does one dispute this?) that my soul is wrinkly, crotchety, arthritic and otherwise old, how does knowing this help me? I'm not at all sure.

Questions that come to mind:

  • Does this mean my aura has colors that are no longer in vogue? I hope I'm not sporting an avocado layer.
  • Is this one of those rare instances--like wine and cheese--where old might be preferred? [feel free to insert your own oh, so funny jokes about sediment and mold here]
  • Does this mean my soul keeps coming back because I am super-together and super-evolved (Yay for my soul!) or because I can't get it right the first, second... two-hundredth time? (Mother always said I was stubborn. Gee, Mum, it's not me, it's my soul.)
  • Does this buy me any special privileges anywhere? Me, at the DMV: Can you point me to the priority "old souls" line?
It reminds me of the scene about the Dalai Lama from Caddyshack...

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Maybe you can get a seniors discount wherever it is that souls hang out.

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

kristin is reading my mind - I know Mcdonalds offers this.

I never really understood the old soul versus new soul debate. Its like superheros versus villians. I don't know.

How about an aura of harvest gold?

GreenCanary said...

I think my soul is going through a mid-life crisis. It tried to buy a teeny sports car last night.

Gilahi said...

I think you may be making too much of this. Perhaps she was just talking about one of your shoes and you misunderstood her. Perhaps you just really have an old sole.

Rahul said...

Old soul means your a curmudgeon. I say you throw a flaming bag of poo at this person's face.

Dixie said...

Expanding on Gilahi's comment, perhaps you shouldn't eat fish for a while, I hear old sole can give you food poisoning.

Ba-dum cha!

Anonymous said...

If you find your old soul dining out during the hours of the early bird special... I think you'll finally know what it means.

Relaly though, I thought "old soul" always referred to someone mature and wise beyond their years.

GreenCanary said...

P.S. I am in love with all of your readers. I want to steal them and put them in my pocket.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Kristin: I'll take any deal I can get.

C H 20210: Harvest wheat! Ugh.

Green: :) You going to let it do the driving?

On Green's PS: You are so right! I do have the best readers in the world. Don't know what I did to deserve it but I'm very grateful. :)

Gilahi: Well, I do need some new shoes...

rs27: Sound advice that's applicable to most situations.

Dixie: Let me guess: You just flew in this morning and your arms are really tired.

Charlotte: Hm... different interpretation... it's flattering so I'll take it. :)