21 August 2008

Oh, the places you'll go, Thad



I am not making up the following phone conversation nor do I feel I need to exaggerate it for comic effect. See what you think. The salon name has been changed to protect its identity and because "X" is a cool name for any establishment. X marks the spot. X = kiss. X = signature. See? Multi-cool. Use it, with my blessings. Now on to our story...

This took place on Saturday.

Thad: Hi, X Salon. Thad speaking.

Me: Hi, this is L. A. Cochran. I got a voice-mail message confirming a hair appointment.

Thad: Yeah, that was probably from me. I did a bunch of those earlier.

Me: Um, yeah. Your message said the appointment was tomorrow at five. I can come tomorrow but I thought the appointment was for Tuesday.

Thad: Oh, yeah. See, I was eating lunch and I did a bunch of those calls. I probably told everybody that it was tomorrow.

Me: ...

Thad: I'm used to telling people that their appointment is tomorrow but I forgot it was Saturday and I was looking ahead to next week. See, I was eating lunch.

Me: ...

Thad: I guess I should call everybody back. I probably told everybody that.

Me: ...

Thad: Thanks for calling back.

Me: So my appointment is Tuesday?

Thad: Oh, yeah, it's Tuesday. ...Now, I guess I have to call everybody back.

Me: Um, yeah. Thanks for the confirmation.

13 comments:

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

so eating lunch really confuses him

Gilahi said...

Sounds like he was a Thad Confused.

ba-dum-CHING!

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week! Try the veal!

Tina said...

Thad better be highly ornamental is all I can say. Oh wait - and dear god I hope they don't let him touch anything important like scissors or the money!!

Gilahi said...

OK, I gotta start reading your tags before I comment. I thought I posted a clever Christine comment on the possessed car and it was already in your tags. Now I've just stolen a Thad joke.

Just call me the Milton Berle of Blogland.

Rahul said...

Never trust a guy named Thad to do anything right.

Except surf.

Bilbo said...

I wonder what was in that lunch?

As far as reminding you of appointments goes, I think the prize goes to my dentist, who sends me a postcard about 3 months ahead to remind me of my appointment...then calls and leaves a message on my home answering machine the day before asking me to confirm the appointment by 5:00...despite my repeated reminders that I am at work, not at home, during the day, and won't even get the message until after 6:00. AARRGGHH!!

GreenCanary said...

Dang, I wish I could get away with behavior like that.

rachaelgking said...

It's okay. He's working existentially...

Anonymous said...

Making phone calls sounds like a stretch task for Thad. Maybe he was hired for other "skills"?

Reya Mellicker said...

You know that saying about chewing gum and walking at the same time?

Hope your hair person is more on the ball than the receptionist. Sheesh.

lacochran said...

Zipcode: That seemed to be the story, yes.

Gilahi/Milton: Thanks for reading the tags.

Tina/James: We share that hope. He must be pretty.

Rs27: I'll bet he's a rad surfer.

Bilbo: Read the tags for my theory.

Greencanary: Same here.

Livitluvit: He's gonna existentialize himself right out of that job.

Reya: She is! Otherwise I'd be outta there.

Amy Flanagan said...

I hope Thad isn't touching your hair.

lacochran said...

Amy: Not in a million years.