12 June 2007

Latest Quiznos Ad Campaign

In the latest round of "humorous" spots from Quiznos we are introduced to Jerry, a rather strange looking fellow who was born without taste buds. We are led to believe he is eating at "Wrong Way" because he knows no better due to this affliction. The announcer says "Hey, Jerry, maybe your taste buds just need a kick in the butt!" followed by Jerry ordering the new sandwich at Quiznos and having a strong positive reaction when he tastes it.

Do I want to be taking restaurant choice tips from someone born without taste buds?

Do I want to be taking restaurant choice tips from someone who's taste buds are so impaired that a Quiznos sandwich makes him happy?

I'm thinkin' not.

If this is the spokesperson for Quiznos, I'm thinking the ad execs didn't think this one through.

Am I the only one that scans this ad this way??

No comments: