22 May 2008

YRSOVAIN


I'm often amazed at what people will spend their money on.

Yesterday afternoon, I am behind this Cadillac SUV, which is amazing in itself, when I notice the license plate: 1GR8WMN.

I wonder what kind of person feels the need to pay extra bucks to put this on her license plate? I eventually drive past her so I can peer in and see this GR8 WMN but I fail to see what all the fuss is about. She looks pretty generic to me.

Hence, the need for the plate...??

I think she took that "vanity plate" thing a little too seriously.

6 comments:

Rahul said...

I love the license plate game. Its even better when no one in the car can figure it out so you just trail the person until you do. Even if that means going out of your way.

Everyone does that, right? Right?

Gilahi said...

At least it made sense. There are people that just don't get it. Somehow, they seem to think "8" is a substitute for "a". I got behind a wmn (don't know if she was gr8 or not) the other day whose plate said "PR8SHIM". What? Prates Him? I'm not at all sure that He would appreci8 that.

lacochran's evil twin said...

rs27: Sure. Now put the tree branch down...

Gilahi: I swear I was driving yesterday and saw the following plate: GR8TFUL. I guess he really was grate-t-ful.

Anonymous said...

She put the "vain" in vanity plate, for sure! Here's another good one... I'm not prude, but I was rather horrified when I saw a young girl driving around with something like "SEX KITN" on her tags. I was kinda embarrassed for her.

Bilbo said...

The best vanity plate I ever saw was from New York, where they can have 8 spaces on the plate. The plate frame said on top "US Army", and on the bottom "Bomb Disposal," and the license plate read, "OOPSBOOM." For myself, I can't see spending good money for a vanity plate...or any plate other than the generic blue-on-white Virginia plate.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Charlotte & Bilbo: Great examples! Thanks for sharing. :)