15 May 2008

At a different RPM

Thoughts on morning of Day 1 of being sick at home:

* Got to find someone who will cover presentation shquig. Jeez, that's gonna be rough.
* Got to print out and review documents blah, and blip and bloop.
* Got to check my voice-mail messages 20 times an hour.
* Got to check my email messages every 30 seconds. Gahhh, why is it taking so long to refresh?
* Got to check in with boss at least twice a day.
* Got to call someone to get the information from the two meetings I'm missing today.
* Got to send out e-mail to distribution with promised data related to action shnerk.
* Got to provide boss with valuable insights that only I am genius enough to see prior to his blerk meeting.
* Got to write down oh so clever idea on flipits.
* Wonder if, despite what the doctor said, I can drag myself in to work just to be at important shmerz meeting.
* Man, I feel guilty leaving the work for everyone else.
* Maybe while I'm resting I can at least get some laundry done.
* Dang, I forgot I promised to get X the spinkus report!


Thoughts on Day 13 of being sick at home:

* ...
* ...
* ... look... a robin.
* ...
* ...
*[insert Stewie Griffin voice here] ... oh, hey mr. robin...
* ...
* ... ya got a worm there?

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Does it make you reconsider returning to the rat-race? I always thought I was indispensable, that the place would fall apart the minute I left. Well, guess what? They hardly noticed the fact that I was no longer there when I retired. So much for being indispensable...

B and T Crowd said...

Maybe our best move is to get some sort of government subsidy to just blog all day long. I could live with that.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

This entry is HILARIOUS! Best summation of being sick for more than three days that I've read, EVER.

Be well.

Hey! Look at my word verification letters! BUNPA. Bunpa. Bunpa. Bunnnnn-ppppppa. Bunpa.Bunpa.Bunpa. Yeah. Huh. And I'm not even sick. Oh well. I have a simple mind and I'm simply amused...

lacochran's evil twin said...

Barbara: Screw them. More time to travel, right? :)

B&T: You've got something there. Are there grants for blog bots?

J.M.: Glad you're amused. :) *starting to conga* BUNPA, BUNPA, BUN-PA!