Yeah, it's Friday, so we're a little more laid back and interactive today. You can wear your flannel with the butt flap but please keep it buttoned.* Pull up any chair you like. But leave the couch for Fiona, please. She called it.**
Who wants to share first? Anybody?
How about I give you a topic? Shaken or stirred?
Um, whoever brought the crickets? Check with me next time, okay? They keep jumping into the ChexMix.
Alright, here's some flotsam. Maybe something in it will spur you to respond.***
- Speaking of bugs, Sunday, we were eating at a restaurant that will remain nameless when a bug the size of a jumbo, plump, delicious raisin--if said jumbo, plump delicious raisin had legs--strolled across the table. We called the waitress over and she scooped it up, wordlessly, in her hand and took it away. And I guess I prefer her scooping it up to squishing it in front of me but, well, I hope she washed her hands. Who knows. Maybe she didn't squish it at all. Maybe it's her pet. "Lenny! I told you to stay in the kitchen!"
- I happened upon a new show on G4. It's called "Human Wrecking Balls" and that's what it is: A TV show with two brothers who use their bodies to destroy stuff. Maybe it's my pesky second X chromosome but I'm having a little trouble seeing the quality entertainment potential.
- I saw a hawk this past weekend in a tree about six feet away and it brought to mind the idea that some folks have that a sudden sighting of an animal or bird is an indication of a spirit guide. What I thought: Human beings are the most self-absorbed creatures on the Earth to believe that everything, even the animals and birds around us, are living their lives in some specific way only to serve us. 'Cause it's always all about us.
- I can't see a car carrier in the lane in front of me without imagining a car flying off it. Am I the only one who has this thought? I think I've seen too many action movies. Speaking of which, we just saw Iron Man, which was significantly better than I expected. Also saw You Don't Mess With the Zohan which wasn't actiony at all but was as silly as I expected.
- Have you noticed that everyone is saying "It is what it is"? That's bad enough but I catch myself saying it, too. A lot. Apparently everything is what it is to me. And, really, what the hell does that mean? Of course, it is what it is. It's also what you make it. Whatever the hell that means.
- When people have multiple air fresheners hanging from their rear-view mirror I wonder what the heck happened in that vehicle to funk it up so completely that a simple airing out couldn't fix it...? My bet is it involved cat pee. That's a forever smell. Or are these people just addicted to the smell of pine?
*You know I don't mind but we've gotten complaints. In writing. On official lawyer-type letterhead.
**Remember when you were little and you could "call" things and other kids were all "well, there was nothing I could do, she called it"? How weird was that?
***No, I'm not doing that thing with my tongue again so stop asking.