04 January 2008

On the Road Again...

Unlike Willie Nelson, I can wait to get on the road again.

In the last year, I have been to Langley, Virginia; Shephardstown, West Virginia; Huntsville, Alabama; New York, New York; and Denver, Colorado. All for work. Monday, again, for work, I leave for Nashville, Tennessee. Even when I was on an international assignment and got to travel to Europe I didn't travel as much as I have this year.

Generally, I like traveling. Even for work. You get to eat in decent restaurants most of the time and stay in plush hotel rooms and aside from the meetings and the "mandated socializing", you get peace and quiet and you get to do what you want.

But this is getting old.

Now, if they want to send me to Hawaii, say, I'm there.

I've never been to Nashville. Nothing against the fine folks who live there but I'm not psyched. I'm not an Opry buff. Plus, I'll be traveling with my boss and his boss. That'll limit the bar-top dancing, for sure.

Well, if I can get my wireless to operate while I'm away, I'll let you, faithful reader, know if Nashville turns out to be fabulous.

*waveywave*

No comments: