02 January 2008

Plumbing, Doubling, and Panning

And so we enter the new year with paper plates and cups as we are experiencing a problem with the kitchen sink, and by extension, the dishwasher. Happily, the plumber is due today. I have lived without a dishwasher. I owned a house for eleven years where I was the dishwasher and I do not want to repeat it.

All that said, we brought out the flutes for the champagne. Champagne from a paper cup just doesn't work.

Meanwhile, I notice that every commercial, offering some cheap gizmo that we supposedly can't live without, insists on doubling our order. You know, Billy Mays yelling "BUT WAIT! ORDER NOW AND WE'LL DOUBLE YOUR ORDER! THAT'S RIGHT, WE'LL SEND YOU TWO..." What's up with that, anyway?? Here's a thought: cut the mark up and sell one. Better yet, keep your cheap gizmo.

It's my own fault for watching so much television. I am in a Biggest Loser haze. Bravo ran a marathon of Season 2 episodes--you know the season with Suzy, the adorable but constantly crying and squeaking woman? She made sounds only porpoises could pick up. This went on all day yesterday leading up to the NBC two-hour premiere of Biggest Loser: Couples. So much crying. So much inspirational music. So much panning of reaction shots. So much recapping of the recapping. So much weight lost! The least amount lost in a week was 7 pounds. I can only imagine what these people go through. I'm curious as to why there isn't more diversity on this show. It's pretty dang white. Aside from that, it's pretty good. JoeBob says "Check it out!"

No comments: