29 May 2007

Unwanted Ads (I mean let's talk about traveling back to the Caribbean!)

Quoting this blog from 12 July 2006:

"Not biting the hand that feeds me or any hand (veg blog with meat ads)
Okay, so I'm new to blogging and new to having ads on my blog. And, hey, it costs me nothing and potentially earns me buckeroos. Still, it's interesting to see what gets generated in the ad space. In theory it's linked to what I write about. Yet, here I am, an avowed vegetarian, talking about vegetarian things now and again, and the ad du moment is for Hormel lunch meats. Kinda amusing. Makes me wonder if the software is picking up on the right words to successfully reach the demographic for their ads."


In the words of OK Go, "Here we go, here we go, here we go again, oh, here we go again".

I have been alerted that someone viewing my blog saw an ad for hunting and trapping and this is not the humane version, either. Sighhhhhhhhh.

I do not support or endorse or condone hunting or trapping.

Yes, I eat fish. Yes, I wear some leather. Yes, I am a hypocrite. All the same, I find that everybody is one to some degree and its just a matter of where you draw the line. This is why I don't tell other people what to do.

But I do express my opinion on my frickin' blog.

I personally am not for hunting or trapping and it irks me that an ad on my site is potentially making money off me in this way. I may have to look a little more closely at what my rights are in running ads. There may be a way to block this sort of thing.

In the interest of seeing what gets generated, let's see if we can push a different ad to pop on a favorite topic: Caribbean Travel. Hmmm...

Let's get in the mood... things I think of when I think Caribbean travel...

Cheap tickets, vacation, great deal, on-line aggregator, islands, packing, swaying palms, friendly people, ocean view room, watching the sunset from the balcony, tropical fruit, leaving on a jet plane, island time, island rhythm, sunshine, sandy beaches, Pina Colada, Lime Daiquiri, gorgeous pools, swim-up bars, fancy restaurants, tours, snorkeling, clear water, interesting history, fabulous jewelry, great local artisans, souvenirs, Aruba, Jamaica, oooo I want to take ya to Bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama, Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go down to Kokomo, we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow, that's where we want to go, way down to Kokomo... Martinique, I want to take a peak...

No comments: