19 April 2007

A Different Kind of Dancing in the Dark


So here's the thing about public bathrooms... I tend to flush with my foot (shoe-encased of course) and then as quickly as I can I turn around because, as we all know from all those nasty, scary 20/20 reports, a high-powered toilet, such as you find in public bathrooms, can send a mist quite a distance. So my public bathroom experiences tend to end pirouettically.

So here I am at EatBar, and I head to the Ladies Room. I enter a stall and while I am in there I hear someone else enter the bathroom and enter the only other stall. She uses the facilities, flushes, leaves the stall, I hear the water running at the sink and then I am plunged into darkness. I say "Hello?? Helllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo??" but she is gone. I wonder if the whole bar, nay, neighborhood has experienced a power outage. I fumble for my purse and find my Palm Pilot. I switch it on and with the light of it piloting my way (is that why they call them Pilots?) I complete my flush and pirouette and head to the sink. Again with the Pilot I see that the light switch is in the off position. I switch it on and curse the woman who just left. There were only two stalls and she had to pass the closed door of the one I was in to get to the one she was in. Surely she realized there was someone else in here. Oh hahahahaha. What a DEElightful joke.

Before I start to seethe I try to find another way to look at this. Maybe she didn't notice the closed door. Maybe she was just trying to save the restaurant or the planet some electricity.

MutterGrouseGrumble.

No comments: