[Okay, the cartoon has nothing to do with the post except for the very thinnest of tangents but I liked it. It's got dogs doing people stuff. Pretty great, right?!]
True story: I've long been looking for a way to be more collaborative in the blogging world.
And, call me crazy, but I've sensed a desire from you, too. You're nodding! I knew it! I'm right about your yearning to be closer to me.
Yesterday, I saw our opportunity. *nudge*nudge*
Based on the enthusiastic responses to my recent "Hallmark cards for blogger occasions" posts, I've decided to generously partner with those who want in on the ground floor. Yes, even in this incredibly challenging economy, I've decided to share my efforts to create a niche market with Hallmark.
But "Hallmark cards for blogger occasions" is such a mouthful. Let's simplify with a potent acronym; something that really speaks to what this is all about. I'm looking to develop a synergy among all of you creative and artistic people. Something with the energy of a flash mob. Mobs are fun! People love mobs! So... Synergistic, Creative, Artistic Mob! (SCAM!)
Here's my offer:
Your exciting role:
- Pay a nominal SCAM! registration fee*
- Create the material, allowing you to enjoy flexing your amazingly creative muscle**
- Submit the material to me
- Bask in the knowledge that you've provided the solid base of an amazingly successful pyram--er, mob
- Get invited to international, exclusive SCAM! events, where you'll get to mingle with other creative geniuses on the SCAM! team***
- Some of you will even receive special "preview" cards before the client or the public! You'll be able to edit these cards for SCAM! during your exclusive viewing!
- Shoulder through the cumbersome business start-up process
- Do all the tiresome marketing to Hallmark (aka "the client")
- Serve as the "front person" to absorb any feedback so you don't have to be bothered with "non-creative" issues from the client
- Handle all the financial aspects including the nuisance of receiving and cashing checks from the client
* I only include this fee out of respect for you. Any wise businessperson knows nothing comes for free. I wouldn't insult your intelligence by suggesting otherwise.
**That's what she said! Ha, ha! See, we can have fun together. Good times! But seriously, you're so creative you wouldn't have used the words "create" and "creative" in the same sentence.
*** Some events may include finger food, such as, but not limited to, pigs in blankets! Yes, pigs in blankets! Who doesn't love pigs in blankets?!****
**** SCAM! reserves the right to substitute equal or greater finger foods for pigs in blankets.