05 May 2009

"Don't look at it like it's forever" --Elton John

Hello.

If it seems like I'm a little vacant, a little missing, a little autoposty, it is because, for all intents and purposes, I am indeed out of pocket for a few days. It distresses me. I like being in your pocket. Okay, there's the lint problem and you really have to stop reaching in here to "adjust" but other than that, it's kind of nice being so close to you.

You wondered why I was posting on Sunday night, didn't you? And why that post seemed a little abrupt and unusually lacking in verbosity. You're all noticey like that.

Yeah, that's 'cause I hit "publish" before I meant to. But once it was out there and available for reading, all I could do was quickly spruce it up. No time for grand elaboration. Because there's no way to recall it once it's in people's readers and there's a part of me that says "Okay, fine, um... I totally meant to do that."* Even though I didn't and that's totally stupid. So, I gave you very little to chew on and you still came through. Who knows, maybe it was a relief for you. By which I mean, thanks!

And please remember, you're terrific! *meets gaze* It's not you, it's me.**

All I ask is that every now and then, you peer into your pocket and notice I'm not there. That's all. I'll be back as soon as I can.




* The same part of me that says "I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I?"

** That worked for George Costanza, right? No? Oh.

Extraspecialbonusmessagechosenespeciallyforyou: You know how many LOLCATs are out there that I could have included in this post? But I didn't. That's how much I care.

11 comments:

Narm said...

I still kinda wanted a LOLCAT.

G said...

You are my J.D. Salinger and I expect no less :-)

repliderium.com said...

Did you get the bagel I sent down yesterday? I'm sorry it was a mini one but I do have small pockets.

fiona said...

Awwwwwwwwww hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rahul said...

I call your bluff!

I don't know what the bluff is but I called it

f.B said...

I don't even have a joke for this. I'll just watch my reader, very closely.

rachaelgking said...

EVERYTHING works for George Costanza.

So long as he follows the exact opposite of his intuition.

restaurantrefugee said...

Yeah, what f.B. said. I have no jokes, I just hope you are well and await your return.

Kate said...

Feel free to search my lint. And touch me while you're at it. I kinda like that.

Barbara said...

I think we all get a little over-Blogged from time to time. It will be here when you are ready to write again. Oddly enough, people often seem to like just a small nibble to chew. It's funny how the short simple thoughts often draw the biggest crowd.

lacochran said...

Narm: Next time kittehs for you.

G: You mean a weird recluse? Ah, to be able to write anything one tenth as good as Franny & Zooey.

repliderium.com: Loved it! Chive cream cheese is fantastic! Thanks!

fiona: Right back atcha! :)

rs27: If you say you called it, you called it and it's yours. Just take it with you when you go.

f.B: Thanks for staying tuned. I'm back with more lame posts.

LiLu: Right! Maybe I should try that.

restaurantrefugee: My, so serious! Thanks. I'm fine. Work just pulled me out of town for a couple days. Next time I'll be more specific.

Kate: So the squirming is a good reaction. Noted.

Barbara: Sometimes I think I am my own worst enemy with lengthy posts. Doesn't stop me from doing it again. :)