I've lived in the DC metro area (either north or south of town) for *mumble* years and in all that time I've never gone to a high-fallutin', power-wielding political shindig. And if there was ever a time, this is it. I hate to jinx it, but I'm feeling "hopeful" about Tuesday and if my wish comes true, I'd love to go to one of the glittery inaugural bashes come January and celebrate in style.
Knowing what an "elite" group my readers are, I thought I would put my wishes out to the blogosphere: Who's got the hook up?
Sadly, I know how politics work. I have no political power or even influence to offer in exchange. So, let's get down to it... what do I have to do in exchange?*
Things I'm willing to do to get tickets to an inaugural ball:
- Bake for/deliver to you salty oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies
- Laugh at your jokes in front of your ex, your boss, your friends, etc.
- Promise never to tag you for a meme again
- Set you up with someone I know who has more than a "great personality"**
- Agree to never talk about any adorable thing done by any pet I've ever had
- Tell people I like your blog
* Yeah, I thought that might get your attention.
** My track record for fix-ups is almost as good as DateLab's.