21 August 2007

Blogging & Privacy

As a relatively inexperienced blogger I struggle with how much to share.

Yes, blogging is all about sharing. At the same time, I don't want stalkers, thankyouverymuch, and I don't want my friends' and family's privacy invaded so I often dither over what to share and how much to share here. I know some people would be delighted to have their name in print or their picture here but then there are others who'd feel very uncomfortable or even angry about it. So, I tend to err on the side of caution.

I know people that plaster pictures of themselves/friends/family and very specific details about their lives (past, present, and planned) on their web-sites and I worry for them. Identity theft is so rampant and when you put information on the web you're inviting access by the world.

I don't have an answer on this. Just a quandary with which I continue to struggle.

No comments: