20 November 2006

Alien Nation (Looking for Chanukah cards)

It's that time of year. I needed a few Chanukah cards. Not a huge amount. Three. I needed three.

I stopped by the huge card aisle at the Kingstowne Safeway. Plenty of Christmas cards, no Chanukah cards. I found myself at the Hybla Valley Giant. Plenty of Christmas cards, no Chanukah cards. I was gift shopping at the huge mall in Pentagon City and saw an American Expressions CARD STORE. Plenty of Christmas cards, no Chanukah cards. I couldn't believe it. I asked and was informed that, no, they had no Chanukah cards.

Now I realize that there's not a huge demand for Chanukah cards. It's not a major holiday. And if people are going to send a card to someone, it's more likely at the Jewish new year A.K.A. Rosh Hashana. Still, I KNOW I've bought Chanukah cards in the past. I thought What the f...

I'm happy to report that I did spot Chanukah cards at the Papyrus store in Pentagon City and at the CVS in Greenbelt. For a minute there, I wondered if I had ceased to exist, you know?

No comments: