- less clothes in general and sun dresses in particular
- grilled foods
- feeling the sun on my skin
- having a vast array of ripe fruits and berries and melons
- day lilies and hydrangea
- Silver Queen corn and tomatoes that taste like tomatoes
- having hours of daylight to enjoy after I come home from work
- ice cream
- craving and enjoying salads
- people coming out of their hideyholes, smiling
Summer is languorous. Summer is delicious.
And probably the thing I love most about summer is my lack of footwear. If it were socially acceptable I'd be barefoot all the freakin' time. From early spring to late fall, I wear sandals when I'm out and I'm barefoot when I'm home. Always. Like the moment I come in the door from work the shoes come off. And if I'm around the house, I'm barefoot, too. I love the feel of grass under my feet.
And this makes me a "bad example." You see the neighbor kids are not permitted to go barefoot outside. Can you believe that? Not ever. Their parents have convinced them that going barefoot is dangerous and dirty. The kids have even suggested that my going barefoot is dangerous and dirty.
Aren't all the fun things in life described this way?