31 January 2008

A Whole Different Kind of Hair Experience

I'm not what you'd call patient. I walked out on my old hair stylist, who I won't mention by name here, when I realized that my making an appointment had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on when I actually got my hair cut.

I know they're busy but how freakin' long do I have to wait?! At least this time I was just sitting there waiting to be taken back for a shampoo when I'd had enough. The time before, I got shampooed and then sat with water dripping down my neck and back for half an hour while he dealt with the backlog. Yeesh.

This time, after a 1/2 hour of not being called I went back to the receptionist. She said "All set?" I said "What do you mean?! I haven't been seen yet." She checked and it turned out that he still had people that he was planning to see ahead of me. So WHY was I told I had an appointment at a particular time? We'll never know.

I'd been going to him for years and he was good! But he wasn't all that.

And so I had the angst of finding a new stylist.

I went to "PR at Partners" on King Street in Alexandria because it was in the neighborhood and I'm delighted that I did.

Note: This is an unabashed and unreserved endorsement of this place.

The "PR" in the title stands for "Perfect Relationship" and that's truly what they aim for. Not only did my stylist, Christina, see me on time but she did a great job and the experience was fantastic.

They have you fill out a short form before you start with a variety of pertinent questions along the lines of "How often do you wash and condition your hair?" and "Would you like your free scalp massage to be relaxing or reinvigorating?" In this way, they get a clear understanding of your likes, dislikes, desires, concerns, etc. Then they consult and then they listen!

Wacky, no?

If anyone wants a $10 off coupon for this place (I have two) let me know and I'll get it to you.

I am not associated with the salon and this is not a paid endorsement. I'm simply delighted to promote businesses that provide outstanding service.

No comments: