24 January 2007

Bumper Sticker Curiosity

Out at lunchtime today in the greater Greenbelt, MD area, I saw a car with a bumper sticker that read, in its entirety:

i enjoy sneezing

I've seen a lot of bumper stickers in my day, but I've never seen this. Could someone really be so passionate about sneezing that they'd have a bumper sticker made? Are there sneezing clubs? Is this a subtle signal to those in the know of a problem a la "I'm a friend of Bill W."? Are these snuff-a-holics? Is sneezing a euphemism for huffing or some other vogue high? Is this the name of a band and, if so, are they percussive? Is this working the power of suggestion and providing subtle marketing for Puff's or some other tissues? Talk about low key influence peddling.

I went to the web, of course, and searched for the phrase. What I found is that a lot of individuals enjoy sneezing enough to blog about it in just those words. Go figure.

I went to technorati and found references to a blog belonging to Michael Mintz that seems to no longer exist but has been replaced by a similar one. Hence the intro:

"In a world without ienjoysneezing.com, this website,
ienjoysneezing.blogspot.com attempts to fill the void. Yes, it's a blog, but it will still feature travel stories and photos from the life of Michael Mintz."


Turns out Michael in in the DC metro area. Which makes me wonder, was I perhaps behind the Michael Mintz? Or just one of his minions? Have I just been hooked by an advertisement for a blog?? Or is this totally unconnected?

The world may never know.

1 comment:

MEM said...

thanks for caring.
--Michael

mintzmichael@gmail.com
drop me a line and i'll respond to your questions.