18 December 2006

Gonna Buy 5 Copies for My Mother... (Time Magazine's Person of the Year)

Well, Time Magazine has announced that their Person of the Year is me. And you. And--to quote that cheesy So Long, Farewell song from The Sound of Music--"you and you and you."

Quoted from the cover, with a picture of a PC, "Time Person of the Year: You. Yes, you. You control the information age. Welcome to your world."

The Person of the Year is everyone. Talk about a "Long Tail!" Is this the ultimate extension of everyone in school getting medals for trying? Pardon me if I'm not thrilled about being one of the choosen millions. Sure, it'll look nice on my resume but, I mean really, where's my picture on the cover?

To quote a different song by Dr. Hook, I'd rather have "the thrill that'll get you when you get your picture on the cover of The Rolling Stone."

No comments: