12 March 2012

"The first time ever I saw your face..." --Roberta Flack (and a million others)

I frequent a few different quick lunch places near workplace # 1.  Not fast food per se ("Ew."  "Seriously."  "That is so gross.") but some of the slightly better-for-you versions that I can purchase in five minutes and wolf down in three.  Yes, I'm a wolfer.  You're picturing me wolfing right now, aren't you?  Garsh, I'm purty.  

Speaking of purty, at one of these places, there is an employee with a mole the size of Nebraska on his face.  It's BIG.  Bigger than the mole in Austin Power's Goldmember (pictured here).  Seriously.  Easily triple the size.  It's distracting.  And unappetizing.  (Are there appetizing moles?  Or would those be beauty marks?)

Now, I'm more than a bit bespeckled myself so I get that this is not something that someone wants or chooses for themselves.  And if I was sporting anything close to this on my face, I'd be hightailing it to my dermatologist/plastic surgeon, even if I had to hit up a loan shark to finance it.

Judge me harshly if you must but my question is, based solely on this holy moley! fact:  Should this man be working in food service? 

9 comments:

The Bug said...

Maybe he's working in food service to make enough money to have it removed!

I don't know if it would gross me out or not - I'm often so very oblivious (please lord don't let me ever witness any kind of crime - what color hair did the perp have? I dunno...)...

Mike said...

There has to be a story behind something like that. Next time you're there ask, "Hey what's up with the freakin' hugh mole?"

asplenia said...

Gawd. Don't ask. Maybe they shouldn't be working in food service but there are prolly laws against restricting workers based on their perceived grooming. Or maybe there aren't laws and no one wants to push it and get sued?

Elizabeth said...

I'll be honest, I'd probably be a bit distracted by that on someone serving me food.

Also, for his sake, he should definitely get it checked out. I had one removed from my chin that was tiny (in comparison to Goldmember), just as a precaution.

Pauline said...

Well as long as his mole...stays intact and doesn't fall off. *blech!*

Moles don't bug me so much as bad teeth. There's nothing more distracting and gross than someone with rotten teeth and bad breath!

Sean said...

As long as he doesn't put food on the mole, I think it's fine. Of course, I'm writing this without seeing the mole.

Meanwhile, wasn't Anderson Cooper the host of a TV celebrity game show called The Mole? I hope that the food service guy's mole doesn't look like Anderson Cooper!

Gilahi said...

Actually, in some countries, mole in bearnaise sauce is considered quite a delicacy. They're small, so it takes a lot of them to get enough white meat for the dish. There's probably enough for a meal digging tunnels in your back yard right now.

Washington Cube said...

You mean Aaron Neville mole big? Plastic surgeons can remove this and say they did it to do a biopsy on it, and his health insurance would cover it....and it probably needs a biopsy.

Balance Thru Herbs said...

Great reading your bllog