06 January 2011

"That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up four wheel drive" -- Carrie Underwood

Elizabeth Edwards leaves husband John out of will

John Edwards, Elizabeth Edwards

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. – The will Elizabeth Edwards signed days before her death last month makes no mention of her estranged husband and two-time presidential candidate John Edwards.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Thursday that Elizabeth Edwards left all her possessions to her three surviving children.

Her last will and testament names as the executor of her estate her eldest child, lawyer Cate Edwards.

Elizabeth Edwards died Dec. 7, six days after she signed the will filed in Orange County Superior Court in North Carolina.

The Edwardses separated early last year after 32 years of marriage. John Edwards admitted he fathered a child during an affair with a former campaign worker.



Is it wrong that when I heard this story this morning on the radio, I smiled?

22 comments:

The Bug said...

Well, if it is, then I'm wrong too :)

Tania said...

I only smiled on the inside, so if it's wrong, my ass is covered.

Anonymous said...

No, it's not wrong at all.

I used to Carrie Underwood was singing "legacy" instead of "leather seats" in this song.

the dogs' mother said...

Not only did John Edwards betray his wife but he also betrayed his eldest daughter by having her become responsible for two children when she is supposed to be building her own life. I'm sure she is dedicated to her task and loves her siblings dearly. Much more than their father.

Titania said...

Not only I smiled, but I said "NICE!" He deserved this. So, my (biased or not) opinion is that no, it is not wrong at all. Just a little bit of justice.

J said...

Apparently you're in a not-so-exclusive club. I've met the man; sucks she had to go through that for 32 years..

Anonymous said...

I heard it on the radio and said out loud, "Good for her. The bastard."

Cyndy said...

It's not wrong at all to smile at something like that.

Gilahi said...

Well, unless he spent it all when he was campaigning, he's filthy rich anyway. It won't hurt him a bit not to get her money.

Anonymous said...

I murmered "Good girl!" to myself as I was driving this morning.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

not wrong at all, she's kind of my hero.

spleeness said...

No. I just smiled reading about it in your blog -- I didn't know! Yeah. Like that. Mmm hmm. ;)

smsrls24 said...

I smiled twice! ;)

Lemon Gloria said...

I was delighted. I also think it would've been good if she'd left money and arrangements for a pile of dog poo to be put on his doorstep once a week.

Felisa said...

I love that everyone was so subtle. I was all HECKYESSS GIRLFRAN!
Used to like him too. What a waste...

NG said...

I hope not, because I'm smiling right now.

Mike said...

Unfortunately Gilahi is right.

Raquel's World said...

Good for her. Maybe Rielle can leave something for John when she goes.

J said...

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1294348890776_1890113.png

Kerry said...

Revenge at it's finest. Her daughters should be proud. But honestly, I would have been more surprised if it HAD mentioned him...

Barbara said...

Not at all. he got exactly what he deserved: nothing.

lacochran's evil twin said...

The Bug, Mac and Cheese, froggy, Titania, freckledk, Cyndy, missblissindc, alexa (cap), spleeness, Shawna, Felisa, NG, Raquel's World, Kerry, Barbara: Glad to be in such fine company.

HKW: I could see that. It fits.

J: He didn't win you over, I see. And thanks for the Somee!

Gilahi: It's less about the money and more about the press and the rather loud slap.

Lemon Gloria: Ha! Perhaps she has! Lawyers are good with the details.

Mike: Unfortunately, he often is.