Good Friday, people.
Oh, my. I have received the Honest Scrap Award:
from the infamous, indefatigable, interesting, insouciant and--oh, wait this isn't the follow-the-letter-meme-thing. Never mind.
Anyway, thanks, f.B!
The rules: I have to tell you ten honest things about myself in writing and then tag ten people to pass it on.
*getting hooked up to polygraph*
Is that really necessary? I thought only a scrap of this had to be honest...
*needle skips in huge arc across the paper*
1. I can bend my pinky without bending my other fingers. On either hand. Or both simultaneously. Creepy or cool? You decide.2. I love chewy. Anything chewy. The chewier the better. It's all about the chewy. When it's not about the salty.
3. I Love Lucy. With a capital L.
4. I spent four years living on the bank of a river. (Although, not in a van eating government cheese.) Watching rain plink on the water was strobey and soothing all at the same time. I recommend living near a huge body of water. When you see something as enormous as a river every day, it definitely makes your troubles seem small.
5. Once I pick something, I hate to put it back. Even a lemon at the grocery store. I don't want to reject it.
6. On the first day of school (ever), I was told my actual name when the teacher called roll. I liked it. When I went home and a family member addressed me with the diminutive version, as usual, I informed them of what my proper name was. Nothing impresses like a five-year-old getting haughty.7. I once "designed" my own clothes by cutting holes in the seams of a skirt and wearing this as a blouse. I liked it. I wore it in public. For about half an hour. Then I realized just how bad it looked.
8. I don't get why sometimes the formatting in Blogger works just fine and sometimes it's all flucked
9. The high school counselor who administered the aptitude test said I'd make a good judge. Where I am Judgy McJudgerson about everyone and everything, I never wanted the burden of deciding other people's fates.
10. I don't understand clowns. Well, I sorta... no, I don't. I don't understand clowns.
Sharing the thrill, I bestow this award on the following folks (some who read my site and some who don't) because I appreciate their honest scrapitude:
Who Invented Roses
The Life of Brian
Fearless in Toronto
Church of the Big Sky
Farm Fresh Meat
I'll trust the universe to inform those that need to know. Or not.